A pre-trial date has been set for a 23-year-old Shirley man charged with rape.
Tyler Wayne Delk was given a court date of Oct. 9, 2012. His bond has been set at $50,000.
According to an affidavit for arrest, a girl, now 15, told investigators that Delk had been sexually abusing her since she was 4 years old. The victim said Delk threatened to kill her if she told anyone, according to the court documents.
The last attempt to sexually assault the girl was Aug. 5, 2012, the documents state. The rape charge was filed on Aug. 14, 2012.
In other cases on the Aug. 27, 2012, Circuit Court docket of Judge David Reynolds:
• The pre-trial hearing for Roy C. Leach, 55, was continued. Leach is charged with two counts of aggravated assault, two counts of domestic battery-second degree, and one count of cruelty to animals.
• Rickey L. Erwin’s pre-trial hearing was reset for Oct. 9. Erwin, 53, is charged with speeding, possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine, and possession of drug paraphernalia. According to the affidavit for arrest, Erwin was stopped while driving a commercial at a high rate of speed on Highway 65 on Dec. 5, 2011. Highway Police Officer Jeremy Watkins said Erwin appeared to be nervous. Watkins stated in the report that he discovered a plastic bag that he recognized as crystal methamphetamine.
• Pre-trial for Andrew Jack Severns was continued until Oct. 9, 2012. Severns is charged with domestic battery-third degree, aggravated assault on a family or household member, and possession of firearms by certain persons. According to an arrest affidavit, Severns got into an altercation with his stepbrother at his mother’s home in Shirley and shots were fired.
• Jimmy Paul Moudy Jr. will be back in court Oct. 9 to face charges including Fleeing, possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Brandon Lovell will be back in court on Sept. 20 after his pre-trial hearing was continued last week. He is charged with theft of property and residential burglary.