Yahoo Weather

You are here

Home lost in Thanksgiving Day fire

A family lost its home on Highway 110 near Clinton in a fire on Thanksgiving Day.

No one was injured, but the house, belonging to Shawn Beltran, was a total loss. He and his family were in Oklahoma for the holidays, so no one was home at the time of the fire.

According to a member of the fire department, the blaze was thought to be an electrical fire that started near a fuse box.

The structure was fully involved when the call came in to the Highway 110 Volunteer Fire Department. The department arrived on the scene in six minutes. The department was assisted by the Shirley and Choctaw volunteer fire departments.

According to a relative’s Facebook page, the family lost everything in the blaze.

An account has been set up at First Service Bank to receive donations for the family.

Close
The Van Buren County Democrat website is available only to print and digital subscribers. If you are already a subscriber, you can access the website at no additional charge.