Beefy Harvest Soup
Total recipe time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
1. 1 pound ground beef
2. 4 cups water
3. 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
4. 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
5. 4 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
6. 1 cup uncooked large elbow macaroni
7. 6 ounces smoked beef sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
8. Salt and pepper
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring
2. occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon. Remove drippings.
3. Meanwhile combine water, tomatoes, mixed vegetables and bouillon granules in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni and beef; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sausage; continue simmering 2 to 4 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.