The month of May looks to be a busy one for Van Buren County Circuit Court.
Last week, Judge Charles Clawson scheduled dozens of appearances for May 23 and May 30.
A few of those defendants include:
• Samuel Gates, who is accused of firing a gun at a passing vehicle last month. He is charged with battery-first degree, terroristic at and possession of firearms by certain persons, all Class B felonies. He will be back in court May 23. His bond is set at $100,000.
• Bobby Joe Nixon Jr., charged with a hot check violation, was ordered to hire a lawyer and return to court on May 23. His bond is set at $2,500.
• Tessa Dawn Williams’ bond revocation hearing was set for May 30 after she picked up new charges while out on bond.
• Dustin Wayne Burt, charged with theft of property and burglary charges, will be held in jail until he can be transferred to a rehabilitation center. He is due back in court May 30.
• Steven Todd Linebarger, who faces multiple charges after a police chase in 2011, will be in court for his pre-trial date on May 30. His jury trial is set for June 27.
• Tyler Wayne Delk, charged with rape, was scheduled to appear in court May 30 with a new attorney. His previous public defender, Nathan Morgan, has a conflict in the case.
• Chad Bigelow, charged with sexual indecency with a child, will be back in court May 30.
• Krystn K. Allen, charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving on a suspended license, had her case rescheduled for court May 30. She is expected to deliver her baby in May.
• Brandon Lovell, charged with theft of property and burglary, was ordered back to court May 30.
Clawson was told that federal officials may be taking over a case involving drug charges against Lovell, but Deputy Prosecutor Chad Brown said the cases were unlikely to overlap.